Ten Quick Things.
Have you ever gone a longer than normal time without talking to a friend you WANT to call, but because all that time has passed... well, there just seems so much to catch up on that it feels overwhelming. And so more time passes. But the overwhelm only gets worse.
Well, it's not that so much has happened since I've last written a post here- and I think it's just been a couple of weeks. Still, I don't quite know where to start. So I'm just going to jot down ten quick things. Because that just seems like a non-intimidating way to get back to blogging, and I don't have much time right now. But I don't want to put it off for one more day. Seriously. Not one. So here's the 10 things...
1. I just finished listening to the incredibly riveting podcast "S- Town". Whoa. There are only 7 episodes so it's an easy one to binge in a few days. And I highly recommend that you do just that.
2. We cleaned out our garage today. Gross. But that kind of stuff sure feels good when you're (just about) finished.
3. I've been refamiliarizing myself with tarot cards lately. Just drawing one from my deck each day. Man oh man is it weird how I seem to draw THE most meaningful and on point card each day. Like they have magical powers. For realz. Loving that.
4. My mom died a dozen years ago March 29th. That is TWELVE years. Time is a tricky beast. Fast and slow, all at once. On that anniversary day, Fermin happened to call me from work and asked me to go outside and look up at one of our trees in the front yard. He wanted to see if this loose hanging branch had been blown down during the storm from the previous night. As I looked up, there was a cardinal. Of course. Cardinals have always been the signal I think Mom is sending to me to say "Hi!" She definitely gave me a nod. Thanks to Fermin asking me to look up. (And no. The branch had not yet fallen. But we got it down later that day so that it wouldn't end up falling and hurting someone.)
5. I said 10 quick things, but it's only going to be 5. Sorry. I'm not as quick as I had planned to be. There are so many things I want to mention, but we are about to go to dinner and bowling with our friends Allyson and Kevin. And no. Bowling is not a regular thing for us. It was a random idea we thought of last night after everyone had a good meal and a little wine in there stomachs. Bowling the next night made perfect sense at the time, so we made a reservation. And now... We're OFF!