Thursday, October 27, 2016

I Voted

I won't be able to vote on the actual election day (which is actually on November 8th, not Novermber 28th...), so I early voted this week.

I went to my polling place on Tuesday, around 2pm thinking it might be less crowded since it was well after lunch time, and not close too morning or evening commute time.  Still though, even at 2:00, there was a 30 minutes wait. 

That is not a complaint.  In fact, it felt so good to know that there are so many people out there, like me, very willing to take time out of their day to cast their ballot for our next President.  I'm so glad that people are actually getting out there...  Even though some media has reported what a landslide it will be.  Even though someone has said this is a rigged election.  Even though so many people have said they don't want to vote at all this year.  And even though, living in Texas, many people say our vote doesn't count.

There's something that feels very patriotic to stand in line with a bunch of strangers, but fellow Americans, all exercising our right to vote.  We may all have different opinions on how and who will help us achieve it, but we all want the best for the United States.

I believe every vote counts. 
Ricky and I encourage and urge you to VOTE because it matters.

No comments: