Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The Saddest Song.

Today in in our yoga class, my teacher used the best music playlist ever. 

I've noticed the new trend over the past few years, at least at the yoga studio I go to, to play a lot of pop music.  Sometimes, when it's too upbeat, it drives me crazy.  It just seems wrong to have to listen to One Direction while in pidgeon pose.

Today tho, it wasn't that typical playlist.  It was all sort of sad and beautiful instrumental pieces. 

There was this one song in particular- I almost had to just stop the series of poses we were doing, and just breathe so as not to cry.  I'm not kidding. The music was so beautifully sad somehow, that I just wanted to get in a fetal position and cry. 

For the remainder of the class, I stayed aware of how many songs played after it, so I could ask my teacher what the "5th song from the end, while we were in tree pose" was.  It actually sort of ruined the rest of the class for me, but I thought, in the end, it would totally be worth it.  I was thinking if I couldn't ever hear that song again, it would be that same idea of when you meet someone just once that you like so much, but then as you're parting you know you'll never see them again.  Have you ever had that feeling?  I have.  And I felt that way about that song today!  I wanted to be able to listen to it when I could do a full blown, ugly face cry in the privacy of my own home. This could not be the end of the road for me and that song!!!

As soon as class ended, I went straight to my teacher and asked her about the song.  She told me she had no idea what song it was. WHAT?!?!?!?! NOOOOOO.  She told me she had just downloaded a playlist off of Spotify right before class and put it on shuffle.  She let me try to quickly listen to her playlist for a few minutes, and try to figure out my song crush... But I felt the pressure of time, knowing she was just standing there, waiting to take her phone and get on with her day.  I finally gave up and decided maybe I could find it on Spotify by getting a similar playlist.

So as it turns out, it WAS very much like meeting that person, someone I felt such a strong and soulful connection to, but realizing, the timing just wasn't right.  It was a chance meeting in the first place, and more than likely, I would never see them again.  Ever.  Unless fate steps in someday...

Sad.


No comments: