Monday, October 5, 2015

Here We Go, Improv!

After attending a songwriting workshop last month in Nashville, I made a little pact with myself to step outside of my box on a more regular basis.  I know how good it is for me to do that, but being the little creature of comfort that I am, I sometimes shy away from taking those steps. 

One of those steps outside of my comfort zone starts tonight--
I've signed up for a 8 week Improv class that meets weekly.

My friend, Guy, who takes acting and improv classes had planted the seed in my head many months ago.  He would often talk about his classes to me, and they all sounded so fun and also kind of intimidating.

So after coming back from Nashville I was trying to come up with some new thing I could try- and taking an Improv class, for whatever reason, was the first thing that came to mind.

I am excited, but surprisingly, I'm not nervous.  I have absolutely NO expectation.  I am an absolute beginner and I am going to be totally okay with it all even if I'm the worst student in the class and the last one to catch on.  This is so outside of my box, that the fear factor of it isn't even there. At least not yet.  Perhaps I'll vomit the whole drive to the studio tonight, but as of now, I'm feeling fine. 

I'm looking forward to giving my brain a new workout, and meeting new people I otherwise would probably never have come across. 



No comments: