Friday, November 7, 2014

Logic Software- Any 5 Year Old Can Learn It!

I've had a little trouble learning how to use the Logic recording software I bought a couple of years ago.  Partly because I'm terrible with follow thru.  And partly because learning new software is frustrating and doesn't feel fun or creative, or give me any kind of instant gratification. 

But, I decided that for realz, this time, I'm doing whatever I have to do to really learn how to use it, well enough to record some songs and add some midi instruments to my vocal and guitar recordings.  I asked my friend Steve, who is a whiz at using Logic (because, well, that's what he does for a living), to point me to a book or class or something, anything that could help.  He recommended a series of videos you can buy online.  He also cursed me saying,  "It's easy.  Any 5 year old could do it." (Or something to that effect.)  As soon as he said it I thought, "Oh no, this is like when people give me directions to some location and say, "You can't miss it.""  It's almost a guarantee that yes, I can and will miss it.  But I took his advice, and I bought the video bundle to learn Logic.

And it's making me act like a 5 year old, rather than learn like a 5 year old. 

I'm so frustrated I just want to rip my computer from it's plug and throw it against my wall.  The videos look great and make Logic sound so easy, but when I try to do exactly what the teacher is doing, my computer does something totally different, or I'm missing things that he says should be there...

Today I decided not to even look at it.  And I think I've done the world a favor for that.  I got so cranky over it yesterday I was driving everyone crazy. 

But I am not giving up.  I've already threatened to buy the newer version of the software. And maybe I will.  Or maybe that's just a new form of procrastination I've come up with. 

Logic.  Sounds so logical.  And any 5 year old can do it. 
Me,  Age 5

No comments: