Tuesday, August 5, 2014

50 Songs in 90 Days- Progress!

As I mentioned at the beginning of last month (and oh! how the month flew by!), I am participating in the "50 Songs in 90 Days" songwriting challenge that runs July 4- October 1.
the necessary tools for songwriting (for me, anyway!)
Today I wrote song #21-  So LET'S GO TO VEGAS!  No, but really, I DO feel like celebrating.

It's funny how this random, online challenge lights a fire under my booty.  I've written 21 songs in 31 days that did not exist in the world before.  I think that is pretty cool.

What I've learned, and relearned, each time I've participated in this challenge, is that as impossible as it seems, I really can churn out a large amount of songs in a short period of time by simply planting myself in my room, putting a guitar in my hands and just screwing around.  It's really fun, and not painful at all.  In fact, whatever the opposite of painful is, that's what it is! 
part of what most days look like for me

I think perhaps it's so un-painful, when I do it in this fast and furious way, because there's really no pressure to write a good song.  I know, with absolute certainty, that I'm not going to write 50 good songs in 90 short days.  But I have started to believe that with every bad song I write, I'm that much closer to the next good one that's worth keeping!

21 songs down, and only 29 more to go.  And 57 more days to get there...


No comments: