Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My First Auction!

This past weekend, I went to my first auction ever.

My friend, Theresa, and her husband have been going to auctions lately to aquire cool stuff for their soon to open brewery in Richardson, Texas called 4 Bullets.  When she told me about it last week, I immediately interrupted her and begged her to let me tag along to the next one.  As it turned out there was one in just a few days, and altho her husband couldn't go, I could!

all of our competitors at the auction
It was in a weird little area of town, and had there not been so many cars heading into the parking lot, I wouldn't have known I was in the right place.

We checked in at the front, got out little bidding cards, and then looked at all the items that would be auctioned off that night.  There was loads of stuff.
pages and pages of auction items to bid on
 It was a little overwhelming.  So many items, and very fast talking!
Sometimes they'd hold up multiple items- I never knew if we were bidding on one, or all or what.  With my luck, I would've thought I bought a chair for $100, but really, I bought all ten items at $100 each.  It was a little confusing, but I think I figured it out as the night went on.

I didn't come home with a thing tho.  But Theresa got 2 vintage wicker chairs for $5 a piece.  That was the best deal of the night I think.

Anyway, we've got another one coming up soon.  And this time, I'm totally ready.

No comments: