Monday, June 30, 2014

Estate Sale Vintage Finds!

Just a quick post to show my finds from this past weekend's estate sales here in Dallas.

First up, my latest obsession-- vintage silver salt spoons.  They're teeny, they're ornate, and they are a fun thing to collect- so here we go!  This is my second set I've bought.  These are all from Brazil, and if you notice, the headstocks are different things related to the country- a monkey, a palm tree, a parrot, etc.  I saw them at a sale on Friday, didn't buy them, but couldn't stop thinking about them.  I told myself I'd go back on the final day of the sale, once things were marked to 50% off... If they were still there, they were meant for me.  Well, they were meant for me! I was so happy.  Major, major score and definitely the find of the weekend that I was most excited about!

vintage silver salt spoons from Brazil
I also found a couple of pairs of fancy vintage clip earrings.
rhinestone and enamel vintage clip earrings
At that same sale, I found a couple of vintage pins.
This sale was great- The prices were more than fair, which lately, that's a rarity!  I also found this bowl, made of porcelain and pewter, so it's nice and heavy.  Love it.  I've seen these sell for $25, and I snatched this one up for $3! What a steal.
That's it.  So fun!! 

No comments: