Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Collecting Vintage Jewelry

I love using vintage jewelry, and combining it with other vintage jewelry parts, and/or modern components and reassembling them into something new. Some people call what I do vintage repurposing, and sometimes it's called vintage assemblage.  Either way, it's something I'm very passionate about.

I've collected so much vintage jewelry over the years because whenever I see it at an estate sale, garage sale, auction I just can't pass it up!
just a very small sampling of vintage jewelry
vintage pins, vintage pendants, vintage earrings---
vintage beads too-  i love it ALL
When a vintage piece of jewelry is in really good condition,  I think it should usually just be left as it is.  So, because of that, I occasionally sell vintage jewelry in my Etsy shop, versus my repurposed or vintage assemblage jewelry.

I've just listed a few items that fall into that category.

CORO clip on earrings, just listed in my Etsy shop, Resparkable Vintage
This pair of earrings is so cute.  They're clip ons, which I use to think no one wears anymore.  But as it turns out, sometimes things happen to the holes in our ears, and clip ons make more sense!  These are dainty, and so sweet. 
CORO vintage earrings- white leaves and berries
They are CORO, a company that was established in 1901 and stopped production in 1979.  This particular pair of earrings are from the 1950s.

I just reduced the price of this Sandor set of a yellow enamel flower pin and matching earrings.
Vintage Sandor demi parure yellow enamel and rhinestone flower pin and earrings
The Sandor company began in the 1930s and ceased production in 1972.  Sandor jewelry, and in particular, the Sandor enamel flowers like these, are highly collectable because they're just beautiful and look very life-like!  This set is stunning, and the color is absolutely gorgeous!  They'd be great for Spring!

I've got a whole section in my shop labeled "vintage jewelry".  Currently, there are about a dozen items listed, with lots more on the way!  I've discovered that brides often peruse Etsy listings looking for their "something old" for their wedding day.  I love that some of these little vintage treasures I've picked up along the way are being put to such sweet, sentimental use. Vintage jewelry also makes great, thoughtful and unique gifts!

You can find these vintage items, as well as lots of vintage assemblage in the Resparkable Vintage store over at the Etsy.com site.

No comments: