Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Sparkle

Sparkle is my favorite word.  It's made it's way into a few songs I've written, and I even named my Etsy shop Resparkable Vintage, because my goal is always to give a new sparkle to vintage jewelry. 

Years ago, I was in an Artist Way group, and one week, our homework assignment was to send a good old fashioned letter in the good old fashioned mail to someone else in the class.  I got a sweet letter from one lady who had cut out the dictionary definition of the word "sparkle", and told me the word reminded her of me.  It was one of the best compliments I've ever received.  I've kept that letter and that word on my bulletin board ever since!

This is a video of my song "Sparkle and Shine", posted on YouTube by some nice guy who was in the audience of a show I did a few years ago at Jefferson Freedom Cafe.

No comments: