Monday, August 5, 2013

Music Monday "Wear Me Out" by Skylar Grey

I've had Skylar Grey's "Don't Look Down" CD in the player this week.  (Although, I had a very hard time switching over from Boy.)  It's a little on the obnoxious side, but it also becomes addictive, as pop songs often do.

I'll be honest, I was going to choose either the song "C'mon Let Me Ride" or "Sh*t Man", but the first one was just too silly to post, and "Sh*t Man" just didn't have a decent video to go with it.  Let me say tho, if you're not easily offended by sexual innuendo or jokes about plastic surgery gone wrong, you might wanna check out the "C'mon Let Me Ride" video by clicking away here.  The song is already a little on the the obnoxious side before having a visual to go with it.  Once I had the video to look at, I realized I could very easily hate this song forever it I watched the whole thing.

Anyway....  I ended up going with "Wear Me Out."  It's not the best song ever, but it is from a CD I've been listening to, and I do like it.

FYI, although this is Skylar Grey's debut CD, she has released a previous one under a different name. Several years ago she went by Holly Brook and released a CD called "Like Blood Like Honey".  She wrote the hook of the Eminem and Rhianna song "Love The Way You Lie', as well as lots of other co-writing gig for others.  She released this CD under her new name in 2013, and I bought it because I was curious.  At first, I didn't like it at all.  But it started to grow on me.  It's funny how music can be like that.

Without further ado.... Skylar Grey, singing "Wear Me Out"...

No comments: