Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Blinged Out Turtle

I just finished my first painting class at The Creative Arts Center.  I wanted to learn a little about mixed media, so I decided to make this turtle.
Mixed media turtle
Fermin's brother and his girlfriend recently had a little girl-- so, we now have a cute little niece.  Her name is Abigail, but her parents sometimes call her Turtle.  I wanted to make something that looked really child-like.  I totally copied a drawing I had seen and changed it up a little by added shells, bright colors, changing up the little girl's hair to look more like Abigail's, and of course, blinged it out with some jewelry parts.
blingity-bling!
I had to give the turtle some flowers for her hair!
So far, I haven't gotten up the nerve to give it to Abigail and her parents.  I don't know if they'll like it, and if they don't, I don't want them to feel weird about it.  I had fun making it, and using little Abigail for the inspiration for my first mixed media painting! 

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Of course they'll like it! It's SO charming, and the fact that YOU did it I'm sure will be very meaningful to them. I love it!