Thursday, May 9, 2013

Make Your Own Unique Earring Display

If you saw my post from last week about my estate sale finds, you might remember this frame-
A greeting card with the same image was taped to the back of the photo, and the painting itself was dated "1967", which leads me to believe the frame was around the same age.  Which means I love it, because I especially love thing when they are older than me!  ;)

I've been looking for a pretty, ornate, vintage frame to use to make an earring display.  I thought this one was just perfect!

I went up to Home Depot and bought a small roll of small "chicken" wire.  It only cost about $10, and there's plenty to use for other similar projects down the road.  I also bought a staple gun.

Then, all I had to do was remove the painting from the frame, cut the chicken wire down to the correct size, and then staple it onto the back of the frame. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
And old frame, a little chicken wire and some staples equals a fine looking earring display!
Here's how it looks from the front, with a few new pairs of repurposed vintage earrings that will all be available in my ResparkableVintage Etsy shop very soon!
Repurposed Vintage Frame! (Adorned with Repurposed Vintage Earrings, of course!)

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm totally doing this!

Unknown said...

PUUUURRRRDDDYYYYY!!!!!