Saturday, April 13, 2013

Evolution Revolution

I started this blog on March 20, 2006.  2006. This is actually my 755th post. 

If you asked me today what my blog was about when it first began, I would've said it was a blog about the life of a singer/songwriter.  Because that's what I was. And that's what I thought I was writing about.

But as I look back on those first several posts, that's really not the case.  There was no clear focus about songwriting, or even music.  I wrote about lots of things.  I wrote about my mom-- a lot.  She died in March of 2005, and that was a devastating loss for me, so of course I wrote about Mom.  It was, and still is, therapeutic for me to do so.  I also wrote about stuff that happened at gigs, tv shows I was watching, books I was reading, music I was listening to, and just musings about life in general.  So it wasn't a singer/songwriter's blog.  It was just my blog.

It's always been pretty hodge-podgy.

Over the years, I've become more and more interested in collecting vintage jewelry and repurposing it into new pieces.
one of my vintage repurposed necklaces
Also, 2 years ago, Lucy and Ricky, our Australian Shepherds, entered my life and filled it up with more love than I know what to do with.
Lucy and Ricky- our 2 year old Australian Shepherds
Jewelry and dogs... that's where my passion lies these days.

I love listening to music, and even playing for myself and my pups- but the getting out on the evenings and weekends to perform- well, that's just no longer it for me.

I've been gigging for the past 12 years.  I think that's the longest I've even done anything,  jobwise.  It's nothing I should feel sad or defeated about.  So, I'm not.  I'm instead, just happy I made a few CDs, played at lots of cool places, and met some really great people along the way.

But life moves on, and it changes.  And thank God it does! Otherwise, it would get boring, right?

So now that my focus is all about redesigning vintage jewelry, and all things Lucy and Ricky,  I hope my blog will reflect that, and hopefully gain lots of new followers who are interested in that stuff right along with me!

I even thought about changing the name of my blog and starting fresh. But I sorta love seeing the evolution of a life- in this case, my own....documented on this little hodge podge of a blog.

Hopefully, I'm a little older, a little wiser, and can be just slightly less erratic! 

I'm working on improving the blog- being a little more focused on my subject matter, making it easier to follow, encouraging people to visit often, and more than anything, I'd really like to have people leave comments... help me start some conversations!  Because that's the magic of a blog. 

If you have a suggestion, an idea, an opinion, a thought, please,  DON'T BE SHY! 

I'm so glad you stopped by today and read my post.
There is so much more to come!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kerri, you are always a tremendous inspiration of love and sweetness and peace in this world to me!

Kerri said...

awww! thank you, Elaine! i so appreciate you!