Monday, April 15, 2013

Be a Follower!

I have a few people that have found a way to "follow" my blog over the years.  I only know that because in my Blogger settings, I can see them.  They must be really smart, because up until now, I have not made it easy to follow my blog.  That certainly wasn't by design, it was just something that wasn't really on my radar.  I didn't even know about "follow" buttons until I started reading this handy little book, Blogging for Creatives.  I'm trying to improve my blog and spruce it up a bit.  This book is helping me!

The nice thing about "following" a blog, is the follower is alerted when there is a new post on the blog.  They don't have to waste time checking the site, or remember the web address or anything! Instead, they just get an email when there's something new to look at on the blog.  So in essence,  it's a time saver.  And a reminder.  Two things I'm fond of.

I now have a little heading on the left side of my blog that says, "Follow by email".  You can just put your email address in, and tadaa!- you'll get an email whenever there's a new post made.

I also put a button that says G+1 directly above the "Follow by email" spot.  It's another way to follow the blog on Google +.  All you need is a Google account, which it seems, most people have.  I'll be honest and say, I'm not too familiar with the Google +, but it seemed kind of cool, and I wanted to offer options!  :)  Please let me know what you think.

I really hope this makes things easier for readers to follow my blog.  I so appreciate those of you that are already followers, and again, I think you're really smart to have figured that out!

Coincidentally, I'm writing this post on the same day that the super scary show, "The Followers" airs on Fox.  Any one out there watching this?!  YIKES.  For me, it's the scariest thing I've ever seen on television.  And as scary as most of the scary movies I've ever seen.  So, if you're feeling brave and you like psychologically scary themes, tune in.

But regardless of following "The Followers", I do hope you'll follow me

No comments: