Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Healing Now

A few years ago I had trigger finger release surgery on my pinky finger..  And I figured that would be the end of that.

But I have more than one finger.  Recently I started having the same problem with my thumb.  Initially, I thought, "Well, at least it's my right thumb." (I'm left handed. )  I figured, no need to work myself into a frenzy. I don't really use it so much anyway, right?  But wait a minute.... it's a THUMB. It's actually one of the leaders when it comes to fingers. And I pick with it! (My guitar that is- don't be gross!)  And it comes in quite handy when I make jewelry.

First, I tried cortizone injections.  Then, acupuncture.  I cancelled gigs and stopped making jewelry altogether.  But it just kept getting worse and worse.  I realized I haven't bent my thumb in about a month without a staggering pain coursing through me, so I decided to go for the sugery.

The surgery is really pretty easy, and it fixes it for the long term.  And as a musician, and jewelry crafter, that's important to me!

Yesterday was the surgery.
For the next two weeks, I'll be wearing this poncho a lot-- The way my hand is dressed, its too big to fit through most sweaters and shirt sleeves.
But soon, that big puffy bandage will be coming off, the stitches will be coming out, and both music, and jewelry making will merrily resume!

1 comment:

Kelly Warren said...

speedy recovery to you!