Friday, May 11, 2012

Got a Smile, Got a Song for the Neighborhood

The other day at lunch, somehow, the old show, "Alice" came up in conversation.

My friend broke into the theme song- and knew it word for word.  It took me a little bit, but I was able to chime in towards the end.

"Alice" wasn't even that good of a sitcom, but back in the day, we only had 3 choices- ABC, NBC, or CBS.  Oh my God:  I am old, and I have just admitted it!

Anyway, for those of you that were of TV watching age somewhere between 1976-85- Enjoy!  There's a new girl in town...

***FASCINATING FOOTNOTE***
After my friend (the one who knew the lyrics to "Alice" the other day, and got this whole party started) saw this blog,  he told me those were not the lyrics he remembered.  So he did further "Alice" research and found these.

As it turns out, they changed the theme song mid-series.  I definitely prefer the older version!

No comments: