Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mayday!

Every couple of weeks, I meet up with my songwriting group- I love those people, and I love the motivation I get from having deadlines when it comes to writing a song.

Last time we met, the theme we agreed to write around was "May"-  be it the month, a woman named May, maybe, etc.~  Just about anything that had the word "may" somehow in it.

For my song, I used the distress call of Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!  (which I learned is always said 3 times), as a plea to be saved from the fleeting state of Spring and sometimes unfortunately, love. 

The buzz of Spring, butterfly wings
My heart's a-flutter
Until there's a sting
What once was sweet, and couldn't be beat
Melts away
In the thick of the heat

<CHORUS>
I'm calling Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!
Save me from the crash
Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!
I want this to last

The flowers bloom and hang on thru June
Til Springtime fades, endings always come too soon
The heat will rise, right before our eyes
The dangerous highs of a perfect Springtide

<CHORUS>

<Bridge>
I'm standing barefoot in the sand
I'll sink when you let go of my hand

<CHORUS>

No comments: