Wednesday, January 18, 2012

CoverSong: "Heart of Gold"

This is my first installment of my new, weekly--or at least bi-monthly, segment of my blog simply called CoverSongs.

For today's cover song, I chose Neil Young's "Heart of Gold".  I knew I wanted my brother to be my first guest, and he plays the harmonica.  "Heart of Gold" was the first song that came to mind when I was trying to think of songs with memorable harmonica parts.  The harp is such a key component in this song!

I apologize to Mr. Young for flip-flopping a few of his lyrics.  We're just doing this to have a little fun and pay tribute to some great songs.  I was afraid that if we did more than just a few takes, we might lose the fun and spontaneity.  And that's what it's all about!

4 comments:

Melissa Sarno said...

Oh I love this! You guys are great! I love your voice Kerri.

Unknown said...

Had a blast. Great job Care Bear!!

Kelly Warren said...

that's awesome! I love the duo!

Valerie said...

Love it!!