Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Winter SolstiCelebration Coming UP!

I read just the other day that the Winter SolstiCelebration coming up here in Dallas this weekend is the biggest in the nation.  Or maybe even the universe?  I can't remember for sure.  My husband asked me, "Why is this one so big?" and I answered, "Because Amy Martin is awesome and she's been working hard on building this thing for the last 19 years!" Yes, 19 years!  I think it's grown every year, and she has found lots of other very dedicated people that help her plan and run the show each year.
The Cathedral of Hope
Anyway, not only is it big...it's going to be inspiring!

I've been inspired already as I sat through rehearsals earlier this week.  There are all sorts of great performances-  musicians, poets, dancers, magicians, and even some folks who refer to themselves as "Circus Freaks".

And on this 19th year, I get to join in on the fun and contribute a couple of songs...  The photo below is my friend, Cornell and I rehearsing my song "Balance" just last night.
Cornell and Me
I also get to perform my song "Sum of All the Parts" immediately following what I think is one of the most beautiful moments of the show!  (But I won't give it away!)

I feel honored to be included as a performer on this very special night.  If you live in or near Dallas, you should definitely get some tickets and come out to see this show.  And if you get your tickets in advance you save a little bit of cash, so get 'em now!  Here's a link to do that: Winter SolstiCelebration 2011

Below is a little more information about the evening. 
19th annual
Winter SolstiCelebration: Our Human Journey 

December 16 and 17, 2011
Friday and Saturday
same service each night

7 to 9 pm
doors open at 6 pm ~ Yule Fest 9 to 10 pm
5 to 7 pm: meditation & tours of Interfaith Peace Chapel
Sat. 5 to 7 pm: tours of Interfaith Peace Chapel

Cathedral of Hope
5910 Cedar Springs, northeast corner of Inwood, Dallas, Texas 75235
best access through Ford dealership on west-bound Inwood, or turn on Nash  (1 block east of Cedar Springs)  

$15  ~ $12 in advance at website ~  $8 children & seniors

www.EarthRhythms.org ~ 214-261-5599 

2 comments:

Jadyn @ Dutch.British.Love said...

This sounds like so much fun! What a great way to celebrate the darkest time of the year!
How fun that you are performing! Have a blast!

patty said...

Kerri, that is soooo cool!! Congratulations - wish I lived a wee bit closer!!