Thursday, December 29, 2011

CareBear in Hibernation

My brother has called me CB, short for CareBear for as long as I can remember. 

Lately, the name seems especially appropriate.  Not because I identify strongly with the CareBears, but because I've sort of gone into a self-appointed hibernation period. 

I don't have any gigs scheduled until mid-January.  I'm just spending a lot of time at home.  Perhaps a dangerous amount of time.

Because instead of feeling like this break is doing wonders and I'm feeling refreshed, I'm instead thinking I never want to leave my house again!

I know we all go through it from time to time.  That feeling of, "WHAT in the world am I doing with my life?"  I'm feeling it.  It may also be a little bit of post-holiday blues.  It's a funky time of year.  

All I know is that I look forward to feeling like I'm ready to get back out, and I'm a little worried I won't ever get to that feeling.

For now, I'm just in hibernation.


5 comments:

Melissa Sarno said...

I'm always in the 'what in the world am I doing with my life?' camp. I hope you find some peace and clarity in your hibernation. Can't wait for you to return with big plans. Happy New Year my friend!

Jadyn @ Dutch.British.Love said...

January tends to have that effect on me too. Other than having to go to work, I mostly want to stay in and craft, reflect on my life and watch TV. :)

I hope you'll be able to enjoy your hibernation time a bit and that it will soon start feeling less 'funky! Wishing you a most happy and blessed 2012 Kerri!

Anonymous said...

It IS a funky time of year! And as much as I love the holidays, I'm always so glad when it's over so that funky funk will go away!!!

I guess that's why I'm delving into painting and letting go of the jewels. My hibernation lasted a very long time and now I'm ready for some new challenges. Just as I know you will do as well, Kerri. You're way too talented to stay home for long =-)

Happy New year to you, dahling! May 2012 be full of grace and love and lots of gigs!!

xo
Gwynnie

Kerri said...

well, thank God for the blog world. it's something i always love even when i'm feeling this way. i love writing it, and i love the connection with other bloggers and readers out there. cheers to you guys! :)

Valerie said...

i've been having the same thoughts about what i'm doing with myself. i've never known what i want to be when i grow up, and even at 41, i still don't know! in the winter, i definitely go into hibernation mode. it's just so dark and cold all the time...i'd rather be home in front of a fire, eating comfort food.

enjoy your quiet time. when you're ready to get back out there, you will! :o)