Thursday, June 23, 2011

Guten Tag

With my Apple Strudel!!
Our dinner club group had Germany night last weekend.  It was my brilliant idea last time we met (back in January) to dress up like someone from whatever country we were celebrating.  Apparently, by the time Germany night rolled around, everyone but me and the host of the evening, Mike, forgot about the dressing up part!!
Hansel and Gretel
My friend Marina brought me a bottle of Pinky Tuscadero wine!  (I have a pink cruiser bike I've named Pinky Tuscadero, and I even wrote a song about her!)  The wine wasn't German, but was, in fact, made in Texas!  It was super sweet, sorta like my little bicycle! 

I thought I would hate all the German food- But there were actually some pretty yummy things- The spaetzel was my fave, and the potato pancakes ran a close second. The sausage and sauerkraut- not so much.  I brought the dessert- Apple Strudel, which was delicious- with a little German Haagen Daz Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Yum.

The country we picked for next time is Thailand- Yay!! Food I LOVE!  But what will I wear?!?


6 comments:

Melissa Sarno said...

You look so cute! Kerri, I have to hear your song about your pink cruiser bike! You know I'm bike obsessed.

Unknown said...

Vundabar! Thanks for expanding our cultural awareness with some great treats!

Jadyn said...

Cute! Love the German outfit. Your dinner club sounds like so much fun!

Roberta said...

You make the cutest Gretel...lol I'm not big on German food either...little too heavy and I'm not a beer drinker or lover of sausage type meats. Unlike my husband who loves them on the grill. Thai food is one of my favorites and the spicier the better...you could always just wear a sarong next time ;)

Marie a la Mode said...

Awww you look so cute! That's awesome you guys get together for dinner and have a specific theme, sounds like a lot of fun!

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

oh my gosh! You look adorable! As you know that is where I was last year so I had to peek into how the night was for you guys. Funny thing- I remember having potato pancakes as a kid (I was born in Germany) but I did not have EVEN ONE while living there!