Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Summer Vacation

My neighbors went out of town for their summer vacation, and I've got the big responsibility once again of "keeping my eye" on their pool and checking in on their dog, Opie.

Opie and I have established a great routine.  After my run each morning, I immediately change into my swimming suit, grab my book, and head over to the pool.  I let Opie out and she runs around spastically for about 5 minutes. 
Once I get in the pool, she stands on the shallow step and drinks the water while I swim around for a little bit.

Then we're both calm and cool and we relax for about half an hour.  Okay, I'm lying.  I'm there at least an hour each day.  Hey, but it's summer vacation!!!


I know Opie misses her family, but I think we've got a pretty good thing going on. 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely looks like it in that last shot! Not a bad deal for either of you, it seems. :)

Jenn said...

Sounds like the good life to me! Love the pic of you and Opie chillin'!!

Jo said...

Oh my, sounds like a marriage made in heaven lol! And a wonderful way to spend the summer too. I usually get soooo stressed when having to look after neighbours' pets and plants, but this seems like a much more relaxing arrangement!
Hugs xx

Rebecca said...

Yes relax, it's summer! And Opie is the cutest thing ever :)

Yulia Rahmawati said...

I wanna have a dog seeing your photos

Blue moon mama said...

Sounds like a perfect way to spend your mornings! I'm a bit jealous ;)

and flowers pick themselves said...

adorable post. enjoy your mornings!

xo Alison

patty said...

Opie is lucky to have you. Great way to spend a summer morning!!

this free bird said...

Opie looks like a hoot. I love this routine you've got going. Sounds like a rather amazing set up!!

xoxo,
Carrie

Laurie said...

I love dogsitting for my friends. Sadly, none of them have pools...maybe I need different friends... LOL!

Valerie said...

Opie looks like a happy girl. Sounds like a great time!

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

awww..you and opie are just too cute!!!!

Jadyn said...

Aw, she is so cute. And you two seem to be having a blast together!

Unknown said...

I wanna come! I will bring the kitties, lol! XO!

Kerri said...

oh, so funny- bringing kitties into the mix! :)

sadly, me and opie's days are numbered- i think we've only got 2 more summer mornings of r&r left- i will cherish them! :)

Unknown said...

the shot of the pool, you, and the dog . . . priceless! a little slice of heaven!