Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Beautiful Souffle

After visiting Rise several weeks ago and eating my first souffle...

...I then decided to attempt to make my own.

I found a few recipes, and chose the one with the least ingredients, which in my opinion, is usually the way to go.  (This applies not just to recipes, but to life in general, I think!)  I didn't have the proper souffle cooking dish, but who cares?  I instead used some little casserole dish I had.

I get that the restaurant is called Rise because souffles rise.  But I had no idea just how much they rise until I looked in my oven and mine was reaching such great heights that it nearly touched the heating coils in the oven.  So I had to move it to a lower rack in the oven.


After I moved it down, and it had risen about 6 inches, it started to lean very far over to one side. My little leaning Tower of Pisa souffle~ So European!

Once I took it out of the oven, out of the dish, and removed the foil (which had totally stuck to my souffle because although I greased up the dish for non-sticking purposes, I completely forgot to do that to the foil) my souffle didn't look much like the one at Rise.

But suprisingly, it tasted pretty similar.  Super yummy.

My first souffle.
It was beautiful to me.

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful.  ~Ninon de L'Enclos


9 comments:

Jacqueline said...

WOW that souffle looks beautiful and yummie! Congratz and well done! I am inspired to try to bake more. :) Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

jacqueline
http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/q

Unknown said...

Hi Kerri!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind comment! I think your souffle looks fabulous! Maybe you could share the recipe? I'm gonna click on the link to listen to some of your music. I love to sing, but only around the house and in the car.
Best Wishes to you!

♥Jenny

judge david said...

The only real failure in life is the failure to try. ~anonymous~

Souffles are notoriously finicky, especially if you interrupt their baking process to reposition the pan. Congrats on your moxie!

Bon Appetit!

Unknown said...

Kerri..Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!! I'm so excited to start Flying Lessons with Kelly Rae....see you in class!!
Karen

dandelion dreamer said...

Hi Kerri....looks like you are practising flying lessons on your souffle....or maybe more like hot air ballooning! Thanks for you visit. Looking forward to our new class. Moira

Anonymous said...

wow! i think you are so brave to try this! i am not a cook and not creative at all in the kitchen so am VERY impressed ;)

great, colorful blog too! i love it!!

thanks for stopping by today. i can't wait for kelly rae's class to start. i'm sooooo excited....

Valerie said...

Oooohhhh...aaahhhhh. The souffle looks yum, and your new site looks AMAZING! I love it! Congrats on both!

This makes me want to spruce my blog up a bit. One of these days.....

Anonymous said...

Oh yuuummmy! That looks delicious. Oh, I am so hungry now! :)

Kerri said...

Soon, I might even buy some souffle dishes! :)