Monday, February 15, 2010

The Great Unknown

In my other blog, I wrote a post the other day about the question, "If there were no criticism or praise, who would you be?" This song came from thinking about that...

I worry too much and I think too hard
It's difficult to follow the leading of my heart
I second guess each step I take into the street
So I'm forever tripping over my two feet

CHORUS
It's hard for me to know which way to go
Out here on my own, and all alone
The great unknown

A little inspiration, somebody else's praise
Gets me up and going for days and days and days
Until it feels like judgement that I don't want to hear
I get stopped in my tracks and frozen in my fear

CHORUS

If I could ignore
The critiques in my head
If I didn't listen, who would I be then?

CHORUS

No comments: