Friday, December 4, 2009

All I Want For Christmas

I can remember when I was a kid, I'd go thru the holiday catalogs and circle the things I wanted for Christmas. Picking out stuff I wanted and dreaming about the possibility of getting them was just as much fun, or almost as much fun anyway, as opening up my gifts Christmas morning. It seems like I got most of the things I really wanted. I don't think I ever wanted anything too over the top, plus my parents were uber-generous. Them, and Santa!

The other day I was combing through the inserts in the Sunday paper to see if I could find some ideas for my Christmas wish list.

The days of simple gifts like Slinkies, my old Raggedy Ann and Andy Alarm Clock, and View Finder are long gone.

Now, instead of a View Finder, there are Digital Video Glasses. You can watch movies and listen to audio and look ridiculous all at once! For only $200 bucks!


For added comfort while you watch your movie in your little weird glasses, you could put on the uCrown Head Massager. It's basically a little space cadet helmet you put on your head that has heat, vibration, and soothing music all in one! Yay!





There's a new alarm clock named Moshi that you can have a conversation with and boss around with commands like "Set the alarm, Moshi!" and "Give me a night light!" Not as cute as my Raggedy Ann clock of days long ago, but more convenient I guess. Using your hands to set your clock is just so passe.

And while I'm on the topic of convenience- I found a really stupid grocery list maker- It's voice activated so you just tell it what you need and it types it out and prints it. Does that really save time? I'm pretty sure writing down "milk" on a list wouldn't slow me down anymore than saying "MILK", and then hitting a print button would.

Just like in the days of yore, going through the catalogs brought me great pleasure, but for entirely different reasons. This time, I want for none of those things. A slinky would be plenty!

No comments: