Friday, November 27, 2009

Full of Thanks


Yesterday was Thanksgiving.
And I am full.
Full of thanks and gratitude.
Each day, I write 3 morning pages- Julia Cameron style- Yesterday, while doing my writing, I wrote a big,long list of things I'm thankful for. It wasn't hard to fill 3 pages.

I try not to take good things for granted, but after making the list, I realize I do just that. I don't often think about how glad I am to have good plumbing until I have some problem and am desperately calling a plumber. I forget to appreciate clean drinking water that comes straight out of my faucet at home, until I am on vacation in Mexico and I have to remember to use my bottled water at all times- even when I'm just rinsing after brushing my teeth. Until my mom died, I don't think it really hit me that the people I love the most won't always be around. It takes a little (and sometimes a lot of) yin to see the yang.

I am thankful for Thanksgiving. Thankful for the days I'm reminded to sit down and really count my blessings. All in one sitting. Until I am absolutely stuffed full of thanks.

No comments: