Thursday, October 22, 2009

Song for a Friend

One of my favorite friends, Willie Baronet, turned 50 earlier this week.
His girlfriend put together a blog where tons of his friends contributed pictures, stories, videos, etc. to him and wished him a happy birthday. I wrote him a song.

I had wanted to write a song for him for quite some time. But I was having trouble figuring out how to go about it. I didn't know if I wanted it to be funny, or heartfelt, or what. Sometimes getting started is the hardest part.

Fortunately for me, Willie is an artist who bares his soul on his art blog. Not only does he draw thought provoking pieces, but he often writes a sentence or two to go with his drawing. Sometimes looking at his blog posts make me laugh, and sometimes, they almost make me cry. So I decided reading through his blog from beginning to end would give me what I needed for his song...

This almost feels like my first co-write. I didn't have to come up with much- I just had to work the puzzle of Willie's words to make it all fit together. Please click HERE to visit my song blog and check out the video of the song!

And either before or after that, please visit Willie's Blog and you can see where my inspiration came from and meet a great artist!

No comments: