Friday, September 11, 2009

Procrastination Succeeds

Some days, you gotta write some crap to pave way for (hopefully) something better that is soon to come!

Anyway, here's a little song about one of my worst habits. I was reading an article in Psychology Today about procrastination. Loved that it explained the big difference between laziness and procrastination. Sometimes I feel lazy because of how little of value I've actually gotten done in a day. But yet, I've done a lot! Anyway, the article explains that if I was just lazy, my lack of productivity wouldn't even bother me. It's the guilt that seems to set the two apart.

Procrastination Suxceeds

Oh it's hard to get started, I slept in too late
Yeah I've been delayed from the start
Yesterday was put off until today
And now today's turning into tomorrow

(pre-chorus)
Anxiety builds and I'm feeling the guilt of what didn't get done because

(chorus)
I get distracted and then I don't take action
Something less important supersedes
and procrastination succeeds

I could make excuses, explain it away
I was loaded with emails and errands today
but the truth of it is there was plenty of time
if I hadn't have spent all those hours online..

(pre-chorus)
(chorus)

I'm not lazy or sluggish or slovenly
I've got intentions, it's just nobody sees because

(chorus)
(chorus)

No comments: