Thursday, September 17, 2009

Flower on the Wall

This is song number 44, ya'll! :)

I'm just a flower on the wall
and you don't notice me at all
On the sidelines, I'm sitting in the shade
Unlike the other girls playing in the game

(chorus): So I won't win, and I won't lose
and if a coin gets tossed it won't be me that has to chose

I'll just hang back and watch
Stay out of the crowd, 'cause I could just get lost
It's a risk that I'm not willing to take
But my fear of failing could be my great mistake

(chorus)

Is this as good as it can get?
Is there something more I haven't found yet?
What if I laid my heart out on the line?

Maybe I'll change my ways
'Cause this could be my lucky day
I'll never know what this could turn out to be
The door could open if I stick in the key

And I could win, and I could lose
And when the coin gets tossed it could be me that gets to chose

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the lyrics to #44. It's a keeper!!!