Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Even Your Garden Comes From China

My friend and I went to some estate sales over the weekend. As we walked out of one of the houses, we noticed that along with all the other cheap, plastic items for sale inside the house, there were even plastic fake flowers planted outside around the trees. So here's to my friend, Allyson, who came up with the title of this song...

Even Your Garden Comes From China

We've been digging for treasures in your house
but I'm afraid if we're not careful, we'll find a mouse
'cuz you've got a lot of crap
you're even selling a mousetrap

You've got plastic flowers in your yard
You'd probably have plastic chickens if you had a farm
You may not care about the taste
Think things of value are a waste

(chorus)
Even your garden comes from China
where everything's fast and cheap
Maybe you think plastic foliage
looks and smells sweet

Maybe with all the lights out it's beautiful and bright
So when you have an estate sale, maybe you should have it at night
Because the place, it smells like ash
the expiration dates have passed

chorus

I don't mean to sound snobby, but this place is gross
I'm pretty sure that even your toaster would make gross toast
so I'm gonna walk away
without anything today

chorus

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard...did we see you at this house?..? That's hilarious. Kudos to Allison for coming up with the title and you for putting it all together...:))
J