Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Estate Sales

Estate sales are funny.
I used to go to them often with my husband, after we first moved into our house. That was about 7 or 8 years ago. For me, I like having a goal in mind when I'm at an estate sale. I need to know what I'm in search of. Once we felt like all of our decorating and furnishing of our home was complete, we stopped going.

But this weekend, I tagged along with a friend who was hitting some estate sales. I forgot how much fun it is. It's fun to see the houses, along with the people and all the stuff in them. What can look so beautiful on the outside isn't always the case once you get inside (I guess that applies to both houses, and people). I actually wrote a song about it here. All the stuff I sing about is true: we saw a mousetrap for sale, the house smelled like ash, and there were plastic flowers surrounding the trees outside.

It's weird going thu other people's stuff. Sometimes it's sad because you have to wonder why are they getting rid of all of their stuff.

Now I've got some new "goals", or things I've decided I want to look for at estate sales. Jewelry bits! And a few things for the house. Now that we've lived here well over 7 years, it's time to change some stuff up I think! I've been watching a little too much HGTV and getting some ideas...

No comments: