Wednesday, September 30, 2009

#49!- Offer Up

Zippity doo dah!
This is song #49 and I've got #50 in my back pocket. I actually wrote #50 a little before this one, but I'm saving it for the last one because it is most fitting, as you will see and hear on my next post.

I write a lot of love songs, as by now you've heard. I could say they were all written about my husband and that would be so sweet of me and reflect so well on our relationship. But if I'm honest, I have to say love is love. And whether it's romantic love, or friendship love, or I-love-my-doggies love, it's ALL love and I am shaped by all of it. This is not about anyone or thing in particular, but I thought it was so appropriate that Zoe wandered into the room while I had my camera on and plunked herself down at my feet to support me!

This song is written for anyone and anything that pulls me out of a slump on a difficult day.



The colors all bleed into one
Where's the shocking yellow sun?
Every day's another lifeless shade of gray
And the melody's the same
A constant repeating refrain
I try to keep myself from falling off to sleep

(chorus)
Then you offer up your hand
And you're the only one who can
Shape me back to life

Some day's I'm lost and then I'm found
I'm still but spinning all around
I get a little dizzy from my head of thoughts
I'm in my shell and can't get out
The inside's dark and full of doubt
It gets a little sticky and I'm stuck inside

(chorus)

No comments: