Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Song #20!

Number 20. I am loving life right now with this daily songwriting routine I've got going on. It's a good change for me to mix it up this way. Like I've said before, I don't normally write this often.

I love that I can sit down with nothing, and after enough time, I have created something. I also love knowing it's not all going to be good. So each day, I sit in my room playing around, knowing I'm going to get something out of it. There's no pressure for it to be good at all.

Here's another one- Not sure about the title, but for now, I'll call it "I Might Not Finish First".

You're out there in the distance as I try to find my way
I take my little steps winding thru a giant maze
I feel like I've been left behind and cannot keep the pace
That someone faster set at the beginning of the race

(chorus)
So I might not finish first, but I might not finish last

I'm done fighting the traffic out on this crowded street
Where there are no sweeping exits and there is no field of dreams
I hear the bells ringing and I want to take there call
I count up all the stars so I can catch them when they fall

(chorus)

No comments: