Friday, June 19, 2009

The Right Ingredients

While out playing tonight, I had some technical problems with feedback. My voice was all phlegmy and hoarse from being sick earlier this week. It was hot and sticky playing outside on the patio, and my hair kept blowing into my mouth while I was singing. Oh, and I got a couple of bug bites.

But you know what? It was a great night!

Which makes me realize, it's not how my voice sounds, how well I play, or how I feel, or even how many people show up. I think it's just the vibe created by the people that are there. Sometimes it feels like we're all connected, and really just having a relaxed night out together. I love it when I feel like I'm just playing for a group of friends. Having dogs around helps- because they're automatically friends with everyone, and there were a few up there tonight. Having just one or two dedicated clappers helps as well, because of their fine example, soon everyone is clapping and once people are clapping, it sorta means we're all having a good time and enjoying things.

So the bugs can bite, the temperatures can soar, my voice can crack, and my guitar can buzz and as long as happy people and dogs surround me, it's all very good...

No comments: