Thursday, December 11, 2008

Long Lost

Months ago, I wrote here about a love triangle I was involved in during the summer after 8th grade, also known as The Summer of Love. My best friend, Kelly, and I had quite the tryst with one boy named Rick. He was her boyfriend first, then mine, then hers again. We nearly killed each other over him. We were 14, he was a few years older. We were 8th or 9th graders, he was a construction worker. And I loved him. I loved many boys, and their names fill the pages of my diaries I have kept most of my life.

Anyway, I again mention this sordid love affair, which is exactly what it should be called when you are in 8th grade!, because I have to share the beautiful power and magic of the internet.

Yesterday, the infamous Rick Zuppa's name appeared in my inbox. He wrote that he happened to do a Google search on himself (and c'mon, don't we all do that on occasion?) and found my blog because of it. That is AWESOME. I couldn't wait to call Kelly and let her know that it was ME he contacted first after all these years!

Kelly's married now, I'm married now, and Rick is married now, too. And none of us are married to each other. Whew!

So now, I'd like to post the names of those I have wondered about for years and years. I hope that like Rick, they will Google themselves during some lonely evening, and they will be led to ME and this blog. I would love to hear from the following:

1. FIRST and foremost- My first REAL boyfriend. The first boy I really, truly loved. TOM DONOGHUE. I've tried to find him on Facebook and elsewhere- There are quite a few Tom Donoghues out there...But so far, I haven't found the right one.

2. Lisa Bardenhagen- My favorite friend from my freshman year at UNT. All of my best memories of my first year in college include her. But she left the next year, as did I, and we lost touch.

3. Lee Barge- Another very cool friend from college. We reconnected a few years after losing touch, but even that was probably 10 years ago.

4. And last, but NOT least, Amy Smith- She was my friend from 4th grade until...well, until we lost touch. I'm not even sure when that was, altho it was gradual. She was at my wedding and that was nearly 15 years ago, and I'm not sure I saw her again after that. So, it's been awhile, and with a name like that, she's going to be a little hard to ever find. AND, women's names often change if/when they get married.

Ok, those are my top 4. I'm putting this out to the universe- also known as the internet. If you can hear my voice, or rather, read these words- please contact me.

No comments: