Monday, July 21, 2008

Fuel


The other day my husband and I went into GNC to buy the protein powder we like. It had gone up several dollars from its already expensive price. So my husband made a little comment, "Hm, it costs even more than it use to."

And the man working in the store overheard him and said, "GAS! It costs us more to get it, so now we have to charge you more."

I am SO sick of hearing this excuse by everyone for all these rising prices of anything and everything.

Should I raise my rates since I have to drive to my gigs? I just feel like we're all struggling with the price of gas in our tanks, so let's not make it harder on each other. It can become a never ending cycle.

It costs my husband $80 to fill up his tank. $80 bucks. A WEEK. It costs him $18 a day to get to and from work with gas and toll prices. Lots of people just couldn't afford that. It's really unbelievable. And it doesn't seem like there is an end in sight.

But c'mon, GNC. Stop. Your protein powder was already WAY over priced. Calm down.

No comments: