Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Field Trips



Lately, Zoe's and my favorite thing to do together is get in the car,drive to the lake and go on a long walk. She loves riding in the convertible. And she looks pretty cute I think!
She's been quite the trooper during this whole thing of Scout's surgery, recovery, and rehab. She's managed to stay relatively calm and not doing anything to set Scout off that would would make her run around, or jump and hurt her healing bone.
I spend lots of time alone with Scout. Taking her on those slow 10 minute walks several times a day. Doing her stretches. And I feel like she's really loved the time when it's just the two of us. I have a pet psychic friend who had told me about 6 months ago that Scout wished she had more alone time with me. I don't think having to endure surgery was part of her wish, but that's the way it worked out. As far as I know, Zoe didn't have any such wishes about getting her alone time. But all the same, it ends up that lately, she gets it too.
Since Zoe and Scout are littermates, they have rarely been seperated. In fact, I can't recall a time, other than a few overnight stays at the vet after one of them had surgery. I know how much they love each other. So I never think to spend one on one time with them. But much like children, I think they feel pretty special when they get it.
I think these pictures show Zoe's feelings...

No comments: