Sunday, January 6, 2008

W.W.C.D.?

Remember those bracelets, W.W.J.D.?
Well, I'm going to instead ask myself, "What would Cesar do?" when I'm feeling unsure or scared.W.W.C.D.?

I bought Cesar's Way for someone's birthday present, and decided to peek at it myself. I ended up reading all of it. In a day. And now I am Cesar obsessed. I cannot stop myself from rambling off Cesar facts and his dog philosophies constantly.

Cesar's Way was written by Cesar Milan- otherwise known as "The Dog Whisperer." The first 80 pages or so are about how Cesar built the life he now has. So inspiring. He had a very clear vision of what he wanted to do with his life. And he took all the necessary steps to get there. He came to America (illegally, at first!) only about 15 years ago- with just a few bucks in his pocket, and without knowing any English. All he knew was that he wanted to be the best dog trainer in the world. He's remained true to his vision- to teach people a little dog psychology so they can treat their pets the way they long to be treated. Clearly, he's very passionate about what he does. And he helps lots and lots of dogs and people to live a more balanced life.

So now I have a new role model. I want to be more like Cesar. I want to be clear in my vision. I want to be brave enough to take the necessary steps to achieve whatever I set as my goal. Even if my goal sounds a little crazy.

Rather than berate myself with thoughts like, "What the hell am I thinking?", and "Who do I think I am?", I should just instead replace it with, "Well, what would Cesar do?" Because every time, I think he would just go for it. And maybe, if you can just be brave enough to go for it, you can GET IT!

No comments: