Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Totally Hot!

Everyone has had the experience of not being able to get lyrics out of your head. Bad ones. I woke up this morning and for whatever reason, here's what was playing over and over in this poor little head of mine:
Give me what ya got, ready or not- My love is totally hot.
I'm burning up...ohhh. And if my momma could read my mind she'd lock me up.
And I'm burning, burning- You must know
That baby when your around I come around, my love is so hot! Totally hot!
You got to me. Baby, baby so hot! Totally Hot! You got to me.

That was Olivia Newton-John circa sometime when I was in about 4th grade. I owned the album. And even at that time, it was a guilty pleasure. I knew it sucked, but I loved it anyway. I'm pretty sure it was on the same album as Magic- as in, "We have to believe we are Magic, Nothing can stand in our way. Have to believe we are magic, Don't let your head ever stray..." It also had a version of Gimme Some Lovin' on it. AND, the big hit, A Little More Love.
It was clear to me even then, that after Grease and Xanadu (both of which, I LOVED), Olivia was trying to change her image a bit. I loved Olivia starting at about ther age of 4. I Honestly Loved her. (And her song with a very similar title.) My parents owned some of her albums, and so I learned and loved her songs. Then came her big movie career. And then Olivia tried to sex it up and came out with Totally Hot.
But I hadn't thought about Totally Hot in years. And then this morning, I woke up and literally could not get back to sleep because those stupid lyrics kept playing over and over in my head.
And as soon as I finish writing this, I will be going straight to iTunes and singing, Give me what ya got, ready or not, my love it totally hot! as I make my purchase.

No comments: