Monday, December 31, 2007

...and a...


The family trip to Santa Fe was great fun. There was plenty to do, but with lots of down time as well- which I always need! There were lots of cool places to go, great restaurants to eat at, and the best skiing conditions I've experienced in years (and years!).

So now, here we are, the last day of 2007. All in all, it was a great year. I discovered the art of Mosaics, and all the great people from the classes I've taken. I found a really talented cellist to collaborate with, which I had been wanting to do for years, but this year...I finally did it! My brother got a new dog named Deville- and I LOVE him. For me, those were my highlights. Of the NEW things that came into life this year.

The other highlights of course were the tried and true things that were already in my life, even before 2007 came along. My family, friends, and Zoe and Scout- who qualify as both friends and family. My quiet little neighborhood. My love and appreciation for music. All the little moments in every day life. Well, most of them anyway.

Losing Mom in 2005 made me just really hate that year. It was a miserable year- the worst I've ever experienced. But I look at how far we've come in our healing. I thought I'd never even feel happy again without her around. But happiness is really all around. Everyday. Inspired by beautiful things, and great people. And memories of Mom are embedded into my being- so she's really never too far away.

So here's to 2007. The world was good to me.
Peace

2 comments:

Monica said...

2007 was the year from hell for us. It's so refreshing to hear happiness will come again! I've learned in the past year that tragedy doesn't just come in three's...it comes in six's in our case*. So, thanks for giving me hope for 2008!

*okay, I'm really not Debbie Downer!

kerri said...

No, you're NOT a debbie downer. I'm sorry it's been a rough year for you- And I hope 2008 is GREAT.