Friday, November 9, 2007

Yesteday My Car Had Freckles

I LOVE my Beetle. And usually, I'm very good about keeping it clean. I hand wash it myself, not really trusting what the carwash's heavy duty brushes might do to the convertible top.

But lately...urgh!- I've let it get filthy. I kept meaning to take it in for some maintanance, and I know they give it a wash there, so I kept waiting. But days kept going by, I kept forgetting to plan to take it into the shop, and it got dirtier and dirtier.

Then yesterday, I parked under a tree. A tree that evidently was a pit stop for LOTS of birds. I was ashamed and embarassed as I ran my errands afterwards. The hood of my car had become an unflushed toilet for birds and it wasn't pretty.

By the time I got my errand running done, I had so little time left that I decided to stop by the carwash right by my house that just opened. I knew just this one time wouldn't hurt my convertible top. I hadn't been to any car wash in a while, let alone a brand new one, so I was a little surprised when the attendant told me it would cost $13! That seemed steep.

But it wasn't. My car was sparkling by the time they got thru with it. There were about 4 guys drying it off and making it pretty while I sat and read a magazine.

My car's freckles, also known as bird shit, are now washed away. If it hadn't been for the birds, I probably never would have gone to that carwash, but I'm so very glad I did. I think I'm going to rethink my opinion about what the carwash's brushes might do to the top. Next time my car has freckles, I'll know just where to take it!

No comments: