Thursday, August 23, 2007

Afternoon Delight


Hey, don't get the wrong idea based on my post title! Do you remember that song from the 70s? Well, I'm not talking 'bout THAT kind of Afternoon Delight. As the picture above suggest, I'm talking about the massage I got today at Nordstrom SPA.

Nordstrom Spa is located in, you guessed it, Nordstrom at Northpark Mall. But it doesn't feel like you could be in a mall at all. It's sort of dark (in a great, relaxing way with lit candles) and very quiet and very slow paced. Quite the dichotomy to the rest of the mall.

Everyone's appointment time there starts 15 minutes prior to their treatment time so there's time to put on the cozy chenille robe, drink tea and soak your feet in very warm water in a copper bowl. Yum. After about 15 minutes of sitting in the "relaxation room" my masseuse came to fetch me. (I think I can use that word today. It seemed appropriate, altho prior to right here, right now, I've never used that word to anyone besides a dog.)

My massage today was so relaxing that I unfortunately missed what I wanted to experience the most: Apparently I fell asleep during the foot massage. I think I even snored, but when I asked if I did, my masseuse was nice enough to lie and say, "No, but I could tell you were sleeping." I told her next time to punch me and wake me up because I missed my favorite part. Boo Hoo. But that's a sign of a great massage I guess- complete relaxation.

But that's almost a dangerous thing to do yourself at 3:00 in the afternoon. How am I suppose to be anything but worthless after that? But I enjoy being worthless every now and then and today is that day!

No comments: