Friday, March 2, 2007

I Love You, You're Perfect...

Last night I saw "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change" at Theater Two inside Theatre Three. The play was very entertaining and would be worth seeing in any venue. I know the play has been around a long time, and has been in Dallas lots of times, because I've wanted to see it, but somehow always missed it. I am so glad when I finally did get around to seeing it, it was at such a small, intimate theatre.

I had been to the Theatre Three a time or two before, but just to hear a speaker, not to see a play. When we arrived, we found out it was actually in the downstairs theater, Theatre Two. When I had purchased my tickets by phone and was told I was in the center on the 2nd row I thought I had scored the best seats in the house. Once I got into the theatre, I realized, all seats are the best in the house...there are only 3 rows!!!

If I had known beforehand I might have felt clausterphobic. The Theatre is so small, that if you had to go to the bathroom during the play, you'd be running a big risk! There's very little room to walk out, and you'd basically have to walk across the stage. And, additionally, the actors carry furniture in and out during the play as the scenes change so you'd be in their way as well. Fortunantly, the thought of using the bathroom never occured to me anyway, until after it was over and I got to thinking about it. Besides, there's an intermission after the first hour of the show and the second half of the show is less than an hour.

"I Love You, You're Perfect..." is a play all about love relationships- from first dates, to growing old together. It's really funny and relatable. It's playing at Theatre Two thru March 19th.

No comments: