Friday, February 2, 2007

The Yang of February


It is the beginning of February, and I'm pretty sure it's the coldest month here in Texas.

I bitch and I moan on days like this one...gray, wet and cold days. I am so cold I find it hard to breath right. I tend to tense up most of my muscles, especially the ones all around my back and neck and I find my neck feels really stiff!

But there is a yin and a yang to everything...

So now let me tell you about the yang!
I LOVE winter clothes. I have things that look great, but then I have things that feel great- Oh, I know it's very Granny of me, but I LOVE fleece! I have these 2 pair of fleece pants, one pair gray, the other black and they are so sickenly cozy, I can barely leave my house, and if I cared more about fashion, I wouldn't! I also love corduroys, sweaters, boots, some very cool coats I have and the over-all color of my winter wardrobe.

I love sitting by the fireplace every single night at the end of the day. (Ok, and sometimes, in the middle of it!)(Alright, and sometimes even at the beginning of the day!)

I love to watch my dogs curled up like little balls on there pillows to stay warm. Oddly, they are INSIDE and they're acting cold. These are Texan Siberian Huskies, clearly!

I love a cold, gray day when it just begs you to say, "Let's go to the movies!"

And I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I LOVE a hot bath. Is there anything better than that to warm you up?

I love Chai Tea and it is absolutely required drinking on a cold day.

A cold day inspires me to create a warm, home-cooked meal.

I love sleeping under the blankets and even the hell it makes me go thru to have to eventually get OUT of the bed. (There's some more Yin and Yang for ya!)

I love LOVE...the month of February is all about celebrating those that you love. It doesn't have to be romantic, but it is best if it is!

No comments: