Wednesday, February 7, 2007

My Praise to Givers!

When my friend Kelly was in town for Christmas, we made our somewhat annual visit to Sam Moon. Most people know what Sam Moon is, but just in case you're unfamiliar, it's a store that sells very inexpensive jewelry, purses, belts, and other accessories. I'm talking dirt cheap! And I love it. I turned Kelly onto it a few years ago and now she loves it too.

My mom and I use to go there. It was always "her treat", as most things were. So I will always love going there...the memories of me and mom on a shopping extravaganza!

So I'm so glad that when Kelly is in town, we sometimes make our way to Sam Moon. This year her daughter, Sara came with us. I've gotten to where I don't go quite as crazy in that store as I used to. On this last visit, one of the things Kelly bought was this super cute small beaded multi-color necklace with a small white flower on it... I can't describe it to justice, but believe me when I say: very, very cute. And so when Kelly put it on after we got back to her parent's house I was so envious. I just LOVED it and was kicking myself for not buying one also.

Kelly then gave it to me!!! and said the necklace was so "me" that she insisted I take it. Her 3 year old precious daughter, Sara, then had on the necklace and did NOT like hearing what Kelly was saying. She wanted it and I don't blame her! It suited her. And the last thing I wanted to do was give Sara a reason not to like me. But, by the end of my visit with them, as I was getting ready to go home, Sara gave me the necklace. Isn't that amazing generosity for a 3 year old?! So I feel like they both gave me such a sweet gift. We all loved the necklace and I ended up with it?? My philosophy is when someone gives so sweetly, you should sweetly accept. The people who give like that enjoy the giving. I know this because of my mom.

So I wear the necklace aLOT! And I never put it on without thinking, of course, of my generous, loving friend and her daughter!

No comments: