Wednesday, February 21, 2007

American Idol Begins


So this is the first week of the "real" American Idol. They're done with the fake try-outs where most of what makes it on t.v. is the singers who we're suppose to laugh at or cry for...

It's now 12 men and 12 women competing for their shot at stardom.
Last night the men performed. Tonight the women perform. And tomorrow night they eliminate 2 of each.

As I was watching the men last night thinking, "no one sounds all that good..." I then realized:
1. This is the first night in front of a live tv audience with over one gazillion people watching.
2. They probaby haven't had much help from vocal coaches yet.
3. This is the first night in front of a live tv audience with over one gazillion people watching!

Nerves alone would count most people out of attempting what they're doing! In front of 100 people, let alone one gazillion. On tv. In front of judges. So even though no one blew me away, (and I feel grossly like Paula when I say this but) I am so proud of all of them!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here to predict the winner, IF it's a man....Blake Lewis. Also known as the beat-boxer. Very cool. And I know he'll get better. And altho I hope he puts the beat-boxing into his future perfomances, I think he made a smart move in just singing last night. Because he has a pretty good voice too! And he's very cute. I think that's the main reason I've picked him as the front runner. But he's not amazing. But he's not up against anybody amazing either. BUT LIKE I SAID, first night jitters and all...

No comments: