Tuesday, July 25, 2006

LUCKY

I don't know if I've said it in any of my blogs before, but whenever I see a cardinal, I make a wish. I can remember when I was a kid, my mom would point out cardinals and say, "Make a wish." I hadn't seen any cardinals in years and years. Or at least I hadn't noticed them. But lately, I guess in the past 6 months or so, I've seen them pretty frequently. I feel like my mom is whispering in my ear, "Make a wish." In fact, appropriately, I saw one the day before my birthday. ANYWAY, I'm good with seeing a cardinal and feeling like it's lucky.

However, this "LUCKY" thing I'm blogging about today isn't so cool. I have heard before that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. I don't know where this idea came from. Maybe someone made it up so if you were ever unlucky enough to get crapped on, you could balance it out and think, "Oh, but this poop will bring me LUCK".

So the other day, I was riding my bike (Mom's bike, that is) and it was REALLY hot. I thought, "Not only is it hot, but my thigh feels like it's on FIRE", and I looked down at my thigh and saw it. BIRD POOP. Oh gross. I tried flicking it, but it just smeared it around my leg. I wiped it off with part of my shorts. Ewww, gross. This sucked!!! But then I remembered, this isn't just bird poop, it's LUCKY BIRD POOP. YAY!!!!

I decided to just leave it alone until I got home and could shower. I think the longer the poop stays on you, the more lucky it is. I expect some really good things to start happening to me. Of course, I didn't see the bird that laid this on me, but maybe it was a cardinal?!

No comments: